Health care for women can often be extremely specialize and important. Here are a few facts about women health services whether you are looking for a Virginia Beach OBGYN doctors or a Norfolk OBGYN.
1. Did you know that babies of mothers who do not get prenatal care are three times more likely to have a low birth weight? This is one of the reasons that this kind of specialized care is so important early on in the development of the child.
2. Another reasons that specialized health care for women is so important is due to the fact that early detection is important for the treatment of breast, cervical, uterine, and ovarian cancer.
3. Early blood tests have the ability to catch anemia and infections that can affect a fetus if they are not dealt with quickly. This is another reasons that early detection and treatment are so important in the early stages of pregnancy.
4. Possibly correctable problems such as heart abnormalities often can be detected during prenatal visits through echocardiography and other screening tests.
5. Did you know that a prenatal diet high in protein or fat has been tied to chronic conditions such as heart disease, obesity, and diabetes? This information is what would be offered up in early prenatal visits to an OBGYN. More research here: www.thegroupforwomen.com